The Mahwah Regional Chamber of Commerce is organized to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the greater Mahwah region so that its citizens and its business community may prosper. All reasonable means to secure these ends may be exercised. Particular attention and emphasis shall be given to the business, social, civic, cultural, and educational interests of the region
The idea for a Chamber of Commerce in Mahwah began in 1957. At the time, the largest automobile assembly unit in the United States was the Ford plant of Mahwah, which had opened just two years earlier. The 5,000 workers who produced these cars commuted to Mahwah daily, and the construction of the massive plant created jobs. Under the leadership of Fred L. Wehran, several local businessmen founded the Mahwah Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber served 72 members. In 1960, the group formed a subcommittee, led by then-president Charles Reinauer, to actively recruit industry leaders. A key strategy for Chamber growth was the publication of a booklet called "Portrait of a Town," describing Mahwah's attractive features.
Despite the tumultuous zoning conflicts of the 60s and 70s, economic development and suburbanization in Mahwah have continued. From funding the town's first K-9 Corps in 1986, to providing scholarships to Ramapo College students, to recognizing outstanding civic organizations, companies, and citizens ever year - the Chamber of Commerce remains a vital part of this community.
The Mahwah Regional Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2007 along with 400 members, representing over 70 communities in the region. Growth has continued and MRCC is now proud to serve over 550 members, with members from 95 local communities from New Jersey and New York State.
Copyright Mahwah Regional Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved. One International Boulevard, Suite 211 | Mahwah, NJ 07495 Phone: (201) 529-5566 | email@example.com | sitemap